Sometimes when you download xlsm file from internet then you get Macros have been disabled Warning. So if you want to enable macros in excel 2007, then you have to enable settings and further add a value in the windows registry editor.
The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled. If you getting something like this then we can fix it by applying some tweaks. We’ll allow or change settings and this excel macros issue will be fixed.
Let’s See How to Enable Macros in Excel
We are not going into the details that how to use macros in Excel, we just focus on how to enable the macros functionality in the current downloaded excel sheet if your excel shows a security warning related to ‘Macros have been Disabled.’
Well to enable macros in excel, we need to allow 2 setting or we have to make some changes at 2 places.
1 common setting (trusted settings) you all aware but it still doesn’t solve the – Macros have been disabled warning. So in addition to this setting, we need to change registry settings too. Let’s see how to do everything in detail…
Setting 1 in Excel:
- Click the FileTab (top-left most tab in the window)
- Click the Excel Options
- Click Trust Centerin the menu on the left
- Click Trust Center Settingsin the window on the right
- In the new window that opens click Macro Settingsin the menu on the left
- Select Enable all macros and Click OK
- Close all Office applications and restart Excel.
I’m sure you already done these setting and still getting the security warning.
So now you have to follow Settings 2 (explained below) to solve the macros disable issue. Let’s crack the settings 2.
Setting 2 in Windows Registry Editor:
- Open Run promt using Windows + R.
- Type regedit and click OK.
- A popup will appear, maybe it is optional. If it appears then click YES.
- Follow this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > 12.0 > Excel > Security
- Now right click on white area…
- Click on New > Dword 32 bit
- This will add a new record in list, please rename that record by right click and enter this name – ExcelBypassEncryptedMacroScan
- Now, again Right click on this record and click on modify to enter value 1 (default it would be 0).
- That’s all.
Now when you reload the macro document .xlsm again the all macros will work without any issue.
So this is the proper way to enable macros in excel.
If you liked it then please share these settings with other and keep visiting the blog for more exclusive updates!