How To Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages? [3 Methods]
Don’t know how to restore deleted WhatsApp messages? Try these 2 exclusive methods and see how to read deleted WhatsApp messages quickly!
WhatsApp, the popular messaging app owned by Facebook added a new feature a while ago which allows users to unsend messages within an hour. Messages can be deleted in individual chats as well as group chat and the feature is available on Android, iOS, and Windows platforms.
The Whatsapp unsend messages feature comes with caveats like recipients get to know that you have deleted a message as “This message was deleted” is displayed instead of the deleted message.
The feature is indeed helpful for recalling the message if you have committed a spelling mistake or if you have sent the message unintentionally. However, if you want to see deleted WhatsApp messages, there are a couple of workarounds that can be used.
How To Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages?
#1. Read deleted messages using WhatsApp Chat Backup
If you have deleted a chat accidentally that you want to recover, you can do so with the help of WhatsApp Chat backup which occurs every night at 2 am by default. You can change the frequency of backup to daily, weekly, or monthly. However, choosing daily as the preferred backup frequency is recommended as you can restore chats before the next backup occurs at 2 am.
To restore deleted WhatsApp chats, pursue the following steps:
- Uninstall WhatsApp and install it again from Google Play Store if you are using an Android device.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions and enter your mobile number along with the country code in the next step.
- You will be presented with an option to restore chats from a backup. Click on the restore option and your WhatsApp chats will be restored.
#2. Read deleted messages using Third-Party Apps
To read deleted WhatsApp messages, you can use third-party apps. There are many applications available on Google Play Store that allow you to recover WhatsApp messages after you or the sender has deleted it. These apps maintain a log of your notifications that are stored in the Notification register of the Android system.
There is a popular app named “WhatsRemoved+” that you can use to read deleted WhatsApp messages. With over 5 million downloads, the app is available only for Android users and not for iOS users. Also, this app to read deleted WhatsApp messages contains ads and you can remove them by buying the premium subscription of the app.
#3. Read deleted messages using WhatsRemoved+ App
- Download the app from Google Play Store and install it.
- Agree to the terms and conditions as prompted on the screen and allow access to notifications.
- Select WhatsApp from the list of apps to read deleted messages.
- Now, whenever someone deletes a message sent to you, you’ll get a notification from the app.
- To read deleted WhatsApp message, open the notification and tap on the “DETECTED” tab.
- From there, you can read the deleted message even after it is removed by the sender.
Besides WhatsRemoved+, there are several other apps that you can use to read deleted WhatsApp messages. However, you must understand that giving access to your smartphone’s notification to a third-party app involves a major security risk.
Also, once you have restarted your smartphone, the notification log is cleared from the Android system making it impossible to retrieve messages even when third-party apps are used.
You should still think before sending a WhatsApp message
The option to delete a WhatsApp text might be helpful to you. But this doesn’t mean you can just turn off your brain while using the instant messaging the service. The other person also has those seven minutes, which are enough. What if he turns off his internet connection after you sent a message?
Further, it might be the case that the recipient isn’t running the version of WhatsApp which supports the delete functionality. In that situation, you won’t be able to undo your sins.
Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages FAQs
- Can I get back deleted messages on Whatsapp without backup?
Yes, you can get back deleted messages on WhatsApp without backup using third party apps. There are several third apps available on the Google Play Store that you can use.
- Do deleted messages show on WhatsApp?
No, you cannot read deleted messages on WhatsApp. However, you can use WhatsApp backup or third party apps to get deleted messages back.
- How can I see my WhatsApp chat history?
To see your WhatsApp chat history, you need to restore your chats and media from Google Drive backup as the app creates backup every day.
- Can I recover deleted text messages on Android?
Yes, you can recover deleted text messages on Android using a third-party data recovery software. There are many apps available on the internet that can help you recover deleted messages on Android.