When somebody routines windows as an operating system in their computer system, they frequently get problems regarding the taskbar. The issue of windows 10 taskbar not working is considered to be a very general problem faced by the people, and when the problem occurs when can see that the taskbar suddenly stops working.
It limits the user’s functionality, and suddenly it also gets frozen, which prevents the mouse cursor from performing in that specific area.
If you face Windows 10 taskbar not working problem on your device, then we have a few ways that can help you fix the taskbar which will perform again.
Restart the device to fix Windows 10 Taskbar
Restarting the device will give a crisp start to the taskbar and fix the issue, preventing you from performing specific tasks.
Generally, there are two methods to restart the device, and you are free to choose the one which will solve the problem of the windows 10 taskbar not responding.
Method 1: Using Command Prompt
This is the most convenient way to restart your machine by using the command prompt feature on your PC by following these steps:
- Open Command Prompt by using Cortana Search
- Then type, taskkill/f/im explorer.com, and press enter
- You will find that every excess thing will disappear, type explorer.exe command to bring it back.
Method 2: Using Task Manager for restarting the device
Using Task Manager to restart the device is the best method, and it consumes less time and will continue the windows explorer easily by performing these steps:
- To Launch Task Manager, you have to press the following keys Ctrl+Shift+Esc
- If you are unable to find processes, then click on more details.
- You will find all your running programs by clicking on the Processes tab.
- Find the Windows Explorer and then right-click to restart the device.
- In minimal time, your device will be restarted, and your taskbar will perform typically.
Prevent Apps from Launching During Start-up
One of the possible reasons why the windows 10 toolbar not working due to launching certain apps at the very start of the computer, which somehow appears as a hurdle for the taskbar’s performance.
You can fix this issue only by following these steps:
- Use Cortana Search to open the Settings
- Click on the Apps Option
- From the left sidebar select start-up to view a list of apps
- You will see a list of apps that runs at the starting of the computer. You can switch off them and disable these apps to solve your taskbar issue
Update Windows to fix the Taskbar issues
The single most feature of Windows Update is to fix all the bugs and glitches to enhance the device’s performance. Furthermore, you can use windows updates as a weapon to fix the taskbar problem.
You can update Windows by using these steps:
- Open the Settings in Windows 10
- Choose the option Update & Security to view available updates
- Click on the recovery option in the left sidebar menu
- Then, click on get started button under the Go back to the Windows 10 section’s previous version.
- Follow all the instructions that appear on the screen to finish the task.
Task bar is considered to be a crucial feature of any Windows computer and the taskbar freezing can put the users in immense pressure. We hope that the above guide would help you in future if your windows 10 task bar stops working.