11 Free Best Android Video Editing Apps For 2021: Editing Like A Pro
Today’s smartphones have the capability to shoot DSLR level videos. So it’s no brainer that users are looking for best free video editing apps that can further enhance their videos.
While there are a vast number of video editing software available for PC, free video editor apps for Android smartphones are no less on the Google Play Store. They are convenient to work with and have a collection of amazing features.
Here, we have compiled a list of best Android video editor apps for 2020, which are free on the Google Play Store. With these apps you can edit clips to perfection and also upload them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube.
11 Best Android Video Editing Apps Of 2020
FilmoraGo is a remarkable Android video editor app that is liked by many users. All the primary functions like trimming, cutting, adding themes, music, etc. can be easily performed. You can also make square 1:1 videos for Instagram, 16:9 videos for Youtube, create reverse videos, add transitions, slow motion, text, etc. to beautify your video.
FilmoraGo has some in-app purchases, but most of its fantastic features are available for free. You can either save the videos in your gallery directly or share it straight to social media. Videos edited in the free version have a watermark at the end of the video.
Special Features Of FilmoraGo
- Clips can be previewed in real-time.
- Photos and videos can be imported from social media websites like Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- An extensive collection of templates and effects.
- A set of professional editing tools.
2. Adobe Premiere Rush
Adobe Premiere Rush enables you to edit any video right from your Android device quickly. It is fast and fun to use.
Adobe calls the free video editing app is “designed specifically for online video creators.” What it means is that the app knows the specific video adjustments you will require for social media platfroms. Naturally, the video can be shared on multiple social media sites through the app.
Apart from the standard video editing functions, you can apply video effects, change color, create pan and zoom effects, add custom made animated titles and more. The app has a build in camera functionality to capture high quality videos.
The Android app also features audio tools for sound balancing and auto-ducking. The best part, however, is that you can have multiple video tracks to smoothen your workflow. It is free to download and does not display any ads.
Special Features of Adobe Premiere Rush
- Easily the all-in-one video editor app for Android users.
- One can add a thumbnail, schedule post for TikTok, YouTube etc.
There are over 50 different themes available, and you can also reduce the size of your video by compressing it. The videos do not lose any quality and have no video duration limits. This FilmoraGo alternative app has support for almost all Android devices.
Special Features of VideoShow
- 50 elaborate themes to beautify videos, vlogs, and slideshows
- Blurred background, options to adjust audio speed and voice enhancement features
- Multiple background music can be added to a video.
- The soundtrack of a video can be converted to mp3.
Using this best free video editing app, you can create awesome green screen videos. PowerDirector also comes with tutorial videos for all of its functions. Most of its features are available in the free version, but upgrading to the full version allows you to remove watermark, ads, and even to extract videos in 1080 and 4K resolutions. It is supported in Android 4.3 and above.
Special Features of PowerDirector
- Videos can be exported in 4K with hardware support.
- Slow-mo video editor for creating slow-mo video FX.
- Chroma key selector for imparting transparencies in videos and layer effects.
However, the removal of the watermark and full access to premium assets can only be accessed if you purchase the professional edition of the app. Besides this, most of the functions come in the free version.
Special Features of KineMaster
- Multiple layers of videos, images, text, effects, overlays, stickers, and handwriting can be combined.
- Instant preview feature for viewing the editing
- Precise volume control from moment to moment within a clip
Once you have completed the creation of the video, you can save it to your camera roll either in 1080p or 720p, or even directly share it on the social networking sites. Quik is reliable and does not display any annoying ads. We think it is well deserving to be featured in this list of best free Android video editor apps for its features and convenience.
Special Features of Quik
- Transitions are automatically synced to the beats of background music
- Quik is compatible with GoPro as well as Motion Photos
- Videos can be saved in 60fps for smooth playback
- You can save edited videos as drafts for finishing editing later.
VivaVideo has a lot of impressive video editing features. The app is thoughtfully designed to help you create professional-looking videos directly from your Android.
You can choose from hundreds of user-friendly effects that range from stickers and filters to animated clips and subtitles. The essential functions of cutting and pasting videos, trimming, merging clips, etc. can be easily operated.
VivaVideo has over one million users worldwide and also one of the best video editing apps for Android. You can also directly share your work on different social networking sites.
Special Features of Viva
- Built-in slow motion video editor.
- A wide variety of collage templates and themes to choose from.
- Video collage maker for merging video clips.
Funimate requires signing in before using the app. You can also get followers and follow other accounts in it. It is one of the best free video editing apps, but the displayed ads can be annoying.
Special Features of Funimate
- More than 100 advanced video effects for making cool videos
- DIY effects from pre-existing photos stored in your smartphone
- Feature to make collab videos with friends
- A dedicated Funimate video community
Magisto uses a sophisticated A.I. that analyzes the videos and chooses the most interesting fragments. It usually produces an excellent result in video making. If you are new to video editing, this is a great free alternative with some in-app purchases.
Special Features of Magisto
- Excellent auto-editing feature
- Direct option to share videos on Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Vimeo, YouTube, and Twitter
- Advanced tools for vloggers and marketers
10. Alive Movie Maker
The best part about the app is that there an entire community of videographers who share their montages on the Android app. Overall, the app is useful for making short videos, but it displays a lot of ads, which can be very disturbing.
Special Features of Alive Movie Maker
- Motion track animation effects and text animation effects
- Music slideshows feature
- A host of stickers, filters and cinematic effects
11. Filmigo Video Maker
Filmigo has simple UI with essential features right at your fingertips. Once you start editing a video, you can either choose a template with a pre-ajusted song or get into the real editing.
The video editor for Android offers a number of exciting editing options, such as adding several songs in a single video, adding subtitles, stickers, GIFs, etc. Users can doodle on their videos as well.
Filmigo Video Maker also offers a separate music section where users can add music from the app’s vast library. Once the video is finalized, users can export the project to different social media handles right form the video maker.
While the app features a number of editing tools, many find the app way too cramped for a smartphone, particularly for large projects where people need edits on particular timestamps. Despite the hardware acceleration, the Android video editor app is known to freeze on multiple occasions.
Special Features of Filmigo
- Free themes to beautify video and a lot of transitions
- High quality video upload
Did you find this list of 11 best video editing apps for android in 2021 to be helpful? Share your reviews in the comments.