Sometimes your iPhone won’t connect to computer and to sort out his problem we have highlighted some points that you can cross check fix to this issue at your home without visiting the service centre!
The most common scenario is that the issue comes due poor connection between both devices and another common reason it might be a software bug that not detecting the presence of connection.
There are other problems too that you can check. So have a look at when this happens and what to do when your iPhone won’t connect to computer.
Why my iPhone won’t connect to computer?
- First thing first, make sure that your device is turned on, unlocked, and on the Home screen.
- Now check for the latest software on your Mac or Windows PC. If you’re using iTunes, then make sure you have the latest version installed on your device.
- If you see a Trust this Computer alert, unlock your device and tap Trust. If you can’t unlock your device because you forgot your passcode, find out what to do.
- Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.*
- Restart your computer.
- Restart your iPhone device.
- Try connecting your device to another computer. If you have the same issue on another computer, contact Apple Support.
Alternate options: Why won’t my iPhone connect to my computerYou can try some more options, if the above steps don’t work. Check the USB Cable
It is best practice try the cable connection with another iPhone device. If connection b/w iPhone and computer works then the problem is in your device. If again no success, then it is cable problem and you need to buy a genuine cable from the store so you can connect it with your computer.Check the Connection Ports & Pins While establishing a connection, make sure the ports’ pins are ok (not damaged). Also check if ports are dirty. If you find anything messy then clean it, and try to reconnect.